Sunday, May 1, 2011

Taking the Plunge!

I've always been kind of intimidated about writing Star Trek fanfiction.  I find certain aspects of it such as writing the futuristic technobabble downright daunting.  I understand most of it when I watch the episodes, but to write it myself in a cohesive piece of writing is an altogether different challenge.  At any rate, this will be my foray into Star Trek fanfiction.  I'm going to be using mostly fancharacters; some based loosely on characters I created on Star Trek Online.  STO is set in the very early years of the 25th century, but I'll likely set mine mid-to late 23rd.  This is mainly because I'm curious about the days when women were first allowed to captain starships and since only one was seen as canon (Star Trek IV briefly), it is a prime opportunity for some fanfiction to plug some holes.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy and I hope to have the first chapters up soon.  In the meantime, please enjoy the artwork of Nightwing1975 who has been doing the art of my Star Trek Online characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment